Friday, August 9, 2013

I Love My Garmin!

It's only been five days and I'm still getting a hang of all the functions but, as far as the basics go, I'm so in love!!! I must confess that having the heart rate monitor has changed the way I look at crappy food. Of course there are days when you just can't resist the cravings but, having this has really sent the "Weight loss is 80% diet" message home. 






I remember looking surprised when after a 6km walk I realised I had burnt 493 calories, Lol! I was actually expecting more. Then it suddenly dawned on me that I did not want to spend all this time working out only to be negating my progress by going beyond my 1200 calorie a day limit. So, I'm revisiting Myfitnesspal and logging in my food intake. Also, I'm going to try writing in a food diary too; tried so many times and failed :-(.

Wish me luck. I'm  hoping to hit Onederland and stay there by the end of this year.


1 comment:

  1. I have tried to maintain a food diary too and failed so many times. I am a lazy person :). Good job with 6km walk! BTW, my goal is to hit onderland by the end of this year too. I am at 227 lbs right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Anything to share? Please do...