Friday, January 25, 2013

Brisk Walking WIth 3lb Dumbbells Is No Joke!


I'm telling you! It was quite a task but I loved it. Truth is, if I were to have been in the gym I would have dropped the damn thing after 10mins. Thankfully, that's the advantage of working out outdoors, you have no choice but to carry everything that left the house with you. So, I walked with my two 3lb dumbbells and climbed two hills with it. It felt good afterwards but one thing's for sure. I will stick to just walking on my own for a while. I don't think I'm ready for that combined cardio/weights exercise yet. 

On the food front things have been great. I've eaten more salads than I ever thought possible in less than a week. I hope that this shows on the scale at Monday's weigh in. :-)

Have a lovely weekend y'all and don't get carried away with the calories. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I should try running with 3 pound weights...when I do hill repeats. I see lots of runners with back packs who do! Great job:) Excited about your weigh-in results!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! They run with weights? Is that safe? Lol! I'm always scared of moving too fast and falling flat on my face. Perhaps one day I will try it when I'm an accomplished runner. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love the lesson you learned. We can actually push ourselves much further tha we think (ie putting the the dumbbells down at the gym when you were able to make it through your walk)

    Can't wait to hear your results on the scales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true MaryFran. It's amazing the things we can do when we have no other option.

      Delete

Anything to share? Please do...