Tuesday, April 24, 2012

C25K Week 6 Complete!

image via google 


As I got to the 20th minute of running I asked myself "am i really doing this?" Unfortunately, it was at this same time that I began to feel some pain in my right knee. I still pushed through and decided to give my knee a break before I commence Week 7. 

These past few weeks have been irregular for me. I just keep travelling between 200lbs and 204lbs. Perhaps it's because even though I exercise regularly my eating has been all over the place. Rice has been the culprit so far. I measure a cup and then it becomes two. :-( My vegetable and fruit consumption has decreased at an alarming rate. I need a slap on the wrist. It is based on these that I have decided to undergo a three day detox where I would be forced to consume mostly fruits and vegetables. 

Have any of you done detox programs? What was your plan like? Did it help improve your eating patterns? 

8 comments:

  1. Hi dear... I am so interested about C25K. What was it about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a running program for beginners who have never run before and would like to do so. The program consists of a series of podcasts that guide you from running for a minute to actually running for 30minutes straight.

      Try visiting www.nhs.uk for more information.

      Delete
  2. Yea for you and that 20 minute run! I remember when I did this training I looked at the app on my phone and thought it must be a typo!!!! :)

    I have now run in 3 5k races and lost 33 pounds!! :)

    Keep on keeping on!

    Shannon
    http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing progress you're making!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on completing week 6. It is not easy but you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that when I was losing this weight the first time that I bounced right above that 200 pound mark for a few weeks. It was driving me nuts. I sooo badly wanted to break that 200 mark and be in the 100's. I could taste it (bad term for a foodie...but you know what I mean...lol). I think it's mental block. Dropping into onederland is HUGE and our minds play tricks on us! :-) Keep working it....it WILL happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing so well! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps. You inspire me! First with the elliptical and then this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so can relate to your wanting to lose weight. I was glad to be able to have lost 20 lbs in the last 3 mos, but I've been slacking off the past couple weeks. Trying to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete

Anything to share? Please do...