Thursday, January 27, 2011

A New Start...

It's usually not easy to keep up with diet and exercise when you are in the world of Advertising. The late nights and junk food at meetings always catch you unawares. God knows that I tried to exercise at least 4 times in a week but, it just wasn't enough.
I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I was 97.2kg. I was sad and disappointed in myself. What example was I setting for those who were inspired by my determination and hard work?

Thus, I decided to start afresh. No previous losses. Hence the change in the weight loss ticker. I'm starting at 97.2 and changing my goals as well. For every 5kg loss I will reward myself with something. 10kg was a long stretch for a mini goal.

Since there is a microwave oven at the office, I will also pack and refrigerate my meals at night. I realised that eating out = more calories so, meals away from home is left for special occasions. The exercise part is good but I am aiming for 250minutes of exercise every week. Hope I have not disappointed you guys too much.

It's a new dawn, a new day and, a new start for me...

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely not disappointed with you. Infact the opposite because you're doing something about it.

    It's easy to feel disappointed and give up but you're already thinking of ways to change parts of your life where you think it will help improve your chances of getting to your target goal.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tim! I really needed that.

    ReplyDelete

Anything to share? Please do...