Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Eating That Won't Make A Difference And Other Things I Have To Deal With....

Tomorrow will mark three weeks since I decided to put an end to this weight gaining exercise that has been the story of my life. It's been a great and surprisingly good experience so far. My plan is more focused on diet as that has always been the major problem. Exercising is on the light side, as I aim to do at least 20 minutes of some activity three times a week.

At the moment, I am trying to do Shaun T's Cize Dance Workout and boy.... that exercise is no joke. I was sweating by the eighth minute of the Crazy 8's. 

Anyways, back to the main issue that is the source of my rant on this, quite sunny afternoon. To all my weight loss blogging pals out there, I must give you kudos for managing to deal with all the weird s%$t  people say to you when they find out that you are eating clean and trying to lose weight. So far the ones I have had to deal with are:


1. "What harm will eating this do? It won't make a difference"


If it won't make a difference, then eat it yourself! It shouldn't bother anyone whether I decide to eat or not. For Pete's sake, a calorie will always be a calorie, whether it is a bite or a sip.


2. "Are you sure that will be enough to satisfy you?"

Seriously? Are you the one giving me grocery shopping money, or am I eating for you? Mtcheew! That question always drives me up the wall. Each time I'm having lunch at work, someone always has something to say about how small my portions are. My solution now is to use an opaque food flask that makes it impossible for anyone except me to see the quantity of food I am eating.



3. "If you lose weight, you won't look as pretty"
Yeah. I didn't realize that you those saying that valued beauty over being able to reduce the risk of developing hypertension and type 2 diabetes. Besides, how can people who have never seen you slim even know how you would look at a healthier weight? That is something I just can't seem to fathom. 

At the end of the day, I am doing this for me and me alone. They don't know how many nights I have cried when my favorite pair of jeans couldn't fit anymore because I gained 20 extra pounds or, the number of times I have had to stay away from church because all my church clothes couldn't fit anymore.



This journey to lose over 100lbs is definitely going to take at least a year, but I am prepared to take things a day at a time and focus on losing something every week. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Any of you out there with similar experiences? Feel free to comment and share them.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Go you!
    As for me, you already know my story, so I won't talk about it.
    All I got to say is, it is possible.
    Ignore the naysayers!

    ReplyDelete

Anything to share? Please do...